Plants just won't grow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi. I've been tryin for the last couple of months to get my plants to grow. I do frequent water changes and and flourish every week. At first i thought it was too much water changes so i waited a month but they started to die off. I have 2 filters water stays at around 78. Their are a snails in their but not very many. It could be lighting im just not sure. Any help is appreciated thanks

First of all what is your lighting? Lighting is the #1 factor in a successful planted tank. Also what plants do you have? Some require very highlight and co2 as a minimum.

Ok i have a 24 in 18 watt bulb and 2 air pumps. 30 gal tank. All plants are low light. I dont know what plants i have except for java fern

Are you giving the sword and cript any root tabs? They're heavy root feeders.

Fertilizers. You just stick them under the gravel by the plant. You can buy them at your local pet store.

I'm not an expert in low light plants. All my tanks have high light plants. So maybe someone else can help you with that. But root tabs can make a difference in growth.

Don't get disappointed. We've all been there. This forum is awesome. I've learned a lot from here.

Back
Top Bottom