Plants to go with Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RAWRRitsEDWINN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone. I have a 20 gallon tank that I just set up a couple of days ago with Flourite. It also has a rock ornament in the center, and 1 fake plant in the corner. I plan on getting 2 baby angelfish. What would be good plants to put in here? I know the amazon Sword plants and the Java Fern would be good, but what else? Water Wisterias?

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep whatever plants will grow in the tank based on its conditions (substrate, lighting, filtration, etc.). I've never had any problems with my 13 angels bothering any of my plants. I currently have rotala, swords, crypts just to name a few. Also, I recommend keeping at least 3-4 angels. When they get larger, they may develop an attitude toward one another and keeping more will keep this a little more stable. Just my thoughts.

Well for subtrate, I am using SeaChem Flourite. For lighting, I am using LED lights (they came with the MarineLand kit). For filtration, I am using a Marineland Penguin 150 (came with the kit). I plan on adding SeaChem Flourish.

I know I can only keep low light plants.

Back
Top Bottom