Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taiter42

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking for some information on some plants. I would like to get some more plants that will grow towards the top of my tank. the current plants are small plants on the bottom. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

We need to know the type lighting and bulbs your using now as light will determine the type of plants you can grow. Also knowing the tank size helps as some plants like Amazon Swords grow way too big to be used in smaller tanks.

Also do you use liquid carbon or CO2? What type of ferts do you use?

37 Gallon tank as for the lights its the default when i got the tank i believe they are led lights that fit in to the hood. It has a total of 7 lights I use aqueon plant food as fert

Those are low light so look into various types of Swords, Crypts as there are some like Crypt Balanese that not only grows tall but is very nice looking, Jungle Val, and maybe Water sprite as I've grown it in some pretty low light tanks.

Plant Suggestions

I am looking for some information on some plants. I would like to get some more plants that will grow towards the top of my tank. the current plants are small plants on the bottom. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Hello tait...

Going on the information you've provided, I'd suggest some plants that aren't very particular about the lighting they get. A couple of floating plants like Anacharis and Pennywort may work for you. Anubias nana (a bit short) and Anubias nangi (taller), Java fern and Singapore moss will do well in lower light conditions too. Amazon swords can get quite tall.

You can also combine fake plants with the real thing. Many pet stores have some nice looking fake plants that combined with real ones can look very natural.

B

Back
Top Bottom