Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whehudeh

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 38 gal tank and I'm trying live plants for the first time but leaves are turning black. What am I doing wrong?
I'd prefer not to use co2, so what plants would you recommend?
IMG_1515906410.545045.jpg

Tank Plants

I have a 38 gal tank and I'm trying live plants for the first time but leaves are turning black. What am I doing wrong?
I'd prefer not to use co2, so what plants would you recommend?
View attachment 306252

Hello whe...

Go with easy to grow plants. Here are a few for you to research:

Anubias nana and nangi
Java fern
Bananas
Onions
Amazon swords

Even house plants will work like these:

Chinese evergreen
Pothos
Impatiens
Nephthytis
Philodendron

These require low to medium light and no fertilizers other than what the fish produce. You can use lights from the hardware store. If you like, you can use a bi-fold canopy and set them on top of the tank for aquatic plants or simply hang the fixture above it. I like to use either a two or four bulb fixture depending on the size of the tank.

Really simple.

B

Hello whe...

Go with easy to grow plants. Here are a few for you to research:

Anubias nana and nangi

Java fern

Bananas

Onions

Amazon swords

Even house plants will work like these:

Chinese evergreen

Pothos

Impatiens

Nephthytis

Philodendron

These require low to medium light and no fertilizers other than what the fish produce. You can use lights from the hardware store. If you like, you can use a bi-fold canopy and set them on top of the tank for aquatic plants or simply hang the fixture above it. I like to use either a two or four bulb fixture depending on the size of the tank.

Really simple.

B

Thank you, I will definitely try this. Also are any of these easy to grow on driftwood.

How long do you remember n your lights and what kind are the lights? First suggestion without knowing your fertilization habits is to decrease the photo prleriod.
Instead of CO2 you can also supplement with flourish excel (or the generic - metricide) .

Back
Top Bottom