Platy fry not eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's not that he's refusing to eat I just don't think he has the courage to catch them yet. He was the only surviving fry who was running around free in the main tank so I moved him into a 1 gallon filtered nursery. He is 2 weeks old. He eats a lot when he's hungry but the last two days he's swimming around the bottom and whenever I feed crushed up flakes he doesn't eat them! He just stares at them, but I know he's hungry because one sank to the bottom and he started chasing it but he coulnt catch it so he continued swimming aimlessly around the bottom

I know he's hungry but as long as I feed him while he's around the bottom I think he's too scared to go up for food. How do I make him less scared? I tried turning the filter off and everything. Also my nursery tank is leaking so I'm getting a 2.5 gallon that he and his little snail buddy will be moved into, until he outgrows that where he WIL finally go in the main tank.

He's not quite big enough yet to put in the main tank for now even though he's two weeks old

It's been 30 minutes he's still looks scared and hovering around the bottom and all the food is floating at the surface

Ok I got back from lunch. Even with the filter off the food is uneaten I'm getting worried now. I know he's hungry but something stopping him

Ok he's pecking at the gravel now do at least I know he's eating SOMETHING I also dropped in a tiny broken off piece of an algae wafer and he's looking at it and he almost pecked it but somethings telling him to resist vegetation lol

I had one that did that to, I tried everything and I almost gave up.. But then i put a little live plant in there and he started to eat of it.

If you get some algae from your other tank he will probably eat that.

vanimal said:
If you get some algae from your other tank he will probably eat that.

Yeah I dropped in an algae wafer I think he's eating it

Back
Top Bottom