Please help identify...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelf

Aquarium Advice Regular
What type of corals are these? I bought them without knowing the names..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111218_151512.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111218_151512.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 155
  • ForumRunner_20111218_151524.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111218_151524.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 142
Frogspawn and zoas is my guess as well.

On a side note be careful with the heater u have I had the same one and the blue paint dots started flaking off and getting in my water. I saw some of my fish eat it and spit it right out once. I just remover all the blue paint off and it was fine.

All my blue is peeling off my heater as well... i keep seeing pieces float around and i say hey! Whats that?... oh yea more heater paint.

How long did it take for the paint to start peeling off?

No mine will always stay at 75 if it does it always has a one year manufacture warranty...

The price of the heater isn't what bothered me it was my fish eating the paint if I lost a fish I would of Been livid.. good luck

I keep mine at 79-80 as well and i wonder if thats why they flake? I had another heater crap put and i came downstairs to see my tank was 52 degrees and my huma, clowns and damsels were still alive!

YES! That's the Top Fin heater that killed my fish! It was brand new... Had it 1 day.... The water set at 79... 2 perfectly healthy mollies died overnight. The water temp didn't raise and was still 79 in morning.. Only thing I could think is was a mercury or chemical leak..
I took it back and spent a few more dollars on the black Aqueon heater... Haven't had a problem and I love it! Good thing cause my mollies "kiss it"...
P.S. Those are really nice corals :)

Back
Top Bottom