please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elaine5182

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone

I am formally the member that was Lainie5182, I ended up blocking my password and it wouldn't let me back in!! So am back as elaine5182.

OK I have a 60L tank and in the past week I have had major problems with it. It is home to 5 danios, 9 guppies. I have had the fish a total of 7-8 weeks.

I put 2 live plants in which within 2 days of them going in the water was green swampy colour. I removed the plants and done a 30% w/c.
Since then I have had a nightmare in trying to clear this water, the glass had slime like film on it and when cleaning this tonight and doing another w/c the slime like stuff is lying on the gravel. I have just recently changed one of the filter cartridges as mine need to get changed every 4 weeks (have the marina style 60 tank and use the slim-filter cartridges S15).
The new filter isn't helping any and I am at a loss what to do now!!!!!!!!!

The light is on maybe 2 hours a day if that, I give them a pinch of food once a day and it is not in direct sunlight.

What can I do? I think the only way to clear this is to put my fish in a basin and restart the tank but keep filters as they are!!!! What do you all think?

Thanks in advance

Elaine :thanks:

Sounds like you carried something over from the place you bought your plants from. As a reference in the future, I always QT my plants (fish too of course) for 10 days to avoid problems like this. I got ick from a plant that didn't get QT.

Here's a link with a number of possible causes and solutions for each one. Please keep us updated and Good luck!

Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association » Algae in the Planted Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom