please help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalzrok2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
four of my little balloon mollies (1-2 weeks old) have turned somewhat pale! they are acting normal but is something wrong with them? please help!!!

You have 6 tanks listed in your profile. What size is the tank your mollies are in? Any other species in it with them? What are the chemical levels in the tank?

there in a ten gallon tank. 6 other baby balloons are with them along with a few baby snails. the chemical levels are all fine. the tank is brand new.

yes. is it possible that it could just be them changing color? i know with guppies they dont grow their full color for a few weeks. i really hope they are not sick

If you cycled the tank and they were introduced into an established environment that other fish had already occupied, they could just be settling in. I know with some of my more colorful fish that it may take a few days to find their place in the tank and feel at home.

It seems like you are keeping an eye on them. If all other behavior is normal, just continue checking for causation. I would imagine that normal coloration will return quickly.

Dale_I said:
If you cycled the tank and they were introduced into an established environment that other fish had already occupied, they could just be settling in. I know with some of my more colorful fish that it may take a few days to find their place in the tank and feel at home.

It seems like you are keeping an eye on them. If all other behavior is normal, just continue checking for causation. I would imagine that normal coloration will return quickly.

Fish have the ability to change color (fade, dull, brighten) very fast. Usually when settling in the colors will not be as vibrant as they will be when the fish settle in.

I doubt they are sick. If they show normal behavior and are eating properly, you have nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom