Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndaball

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Need serious help please
After elvis had slight finrot, as advised on here I did water changes, cleaned the stones etc, water is perfect 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, ph 6:8 (got it stable by adding the ocean rocks, it's always been around that and they've been fine) nitrate is 10ppm, the tank is fully established, I'm using the API master kit to test daily, now elvis is hiding away at the top of the tank, comes out for feeding and a swim every now and again, I'm on the fourth day of using myxazin as advised on here, also carrying out water changes every couple of days, but now Ive noticed cotton wool like growths on some of my fish, including elvis, elvis is also losing colour, he's a blue Oranda, some fish are near the surface not gasping just hanging around, but only for a minute or so, the tank has a powerful air pump with plenty of bubbles, also noticed some blood steaks only small ones in a couple of fish, I'm worried in case its flukes, or worms etc, this has come about because of an outbreak of white spot a few weeks ago, I'm now struggling to get their health back, I also tried salt a while ago, but with all the water changes I'm sure there's no salt in there now, please help me save my water babies [emoji256]
Below first pics are elvis, then sir Alan sugar, Flash Gordon, and bubbles (he's always had the spots on his head)IMG_2627.jpgIMG_2619.jpgIMG_2620.jpgIMG_2615.jpgIMG_2623.jpg

Hi welcome to the community.

That looked like your first post. Where did you get the info to use the medication you mentioned for your Goldies? I am not personally familiar with that med.

It sounds like your fish could have Columnaris. You might want to read up on that.

A combinaton of Furan-2 external treatment, and Kanamycin absorbed into fish for internal treatment should help as much as much as possible. Remove any invertebrates. Do a couple back to back 30-50% pwc to remove the other medication before using the new medication.

So sorry to hear of the problems your fish are having. I hope the medications work.

Yes, okay it seems for wounds and says antiseptic properties probably would be good for helping prevent secondary infections in open sores, and with that type of use will not work internally, if columnaris.

Yes, okay it seems for wounds and says antiseptic properties probably would be good for helping prevent secondary infections in open sores, and with that type of use will not work internally, if columnaris.

Thanks so much for your help x

Back
Top Bottom