Please tell me this isnt aiptasia... Pretty please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pendergraft2111

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have hundreds of these tiny thing all over my new live rock I acquired from someone taking down there tank. I have been very diligent in making sure nothing that even remotely looks like aiptasia has entered my tank but it was doubling my live rock for free. I am hoping they are just feather dusters. They are very tiny, no bigger then a centimeter, they do t retract very fast and in fact they tend to break off if you touch them. I don't really see any tubes unless you count the hairlike attachment to the rocks... Fingers crossed and thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image-3264915123.jpg
    image-3264915123.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 132
  • image-1172878189.jpg
    image-1172878189.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 121
Thanks for the speedy reply. I never looked up hydroids before but upon very quick research the white ones are no big deal unless you have seahorses. Correct? They look kinda cool. My tank is pretty much empty one Clarki clown and one mini carpet anemone. I'm trying a slow come back to the massive loss I had a couple months ago and I think this will be my last try for a long time if I fail again. I'll be going back to cichlids... Lol. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom