Pleco question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatoeSc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 40B and want to get a couple of small plecos. Any suggestions? I wouldn't mind if i had a pair that decided to breed, either. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks-

Bristlenose plecos stay fairly small. I wouldn't get common plecos. They will outgrow the tank very fast.

I was thinking of clown plecos. I like the color on those. Would appreciate any feedback, especially from anybody who raised them or had them breed in the tank?

I have ancistris plecos, they are very common I believe. They stay at around 4/5" and are good with plants. Check them out, the albinos are beautiful IMO.

A 40B is a good size for bristlenose. I've had them in that size tank before and they've done fine. The albino longfins are especially beautiful in my opinion.

A 40B is a good size for bristlenose. I've had them in that size tank before and they've done fine. The albino longfins are especially beautiful in my opinion.

Agreed I have a albino long fin and he/she is just beautiful only a baby still and getting prettier as it grows :) I also have 2 sibling normal bristle nose plecs in a 41g they are nuttas they are like tweedle dee and tweedle dum from Alice in wonderland haha they are great fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom