Pleco...turning light brown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daileene

Planted Tank Addict
Hi again!

As some of you have known my 10G Community tank, I have 2 Plecos. One of them who is a little bigger than the other one (2") was turning light brown when I PWC today. He was acting normally (cleaning and all) but his color before was dark grey like almost black with the dots...

Should I be concern? The smaller one (1.5") is still the same color. So he is fine.

Please let me know. Thank you all in advance.

Hmm, sounds like what My Bristlenose does when I do my weekly waterchange, But hes fine and regains color after a bit). I dont think that the color changing effects them in any way, so I dont think you should be worried. :)

Hmm, sounds like what My Bristlenose does when I do my weekly waterchange, But hes fine and regains color after a bit). I dont think that the color changing effects them in any way, so I dont think you should be worried. :)

Hi Tyler. Thanks for the reassurance. I have changed the water several times and he was still in dark color. It was just yesterday that I have noticed his color becoming light brown. First time. So I panicked a little bit. Thank you again.

And yes, he is doing his normal chores and seems like nothing is wrong with him except the color. I just didn't know if there are any other reasons for it why it changed. I am not quite an expert when it comes to fish keeping. This is my very first planted too.

:)

Totally normal. My Pleco changes shades multiple times a day. He's pretty used to me as I put my hands in rather often.

My pleco (who I wish I hadn't sold back to the pet store) :( used to be terrified of the water change hose. He would go very pale during the process and then return to normal almost immediately afterwards. From what I understand it's normal for them to change color occasionally.

My pleco (who I wish I hadn't sold back to the pet store) :( used to be terrified of the water change hose. He would go very pale during the process and then return to normal almost immediately afterwards. From what I understand it's normal for them to change color occasionally.

Hi Tim. I am sorry to hear about your pleco.

But thank you for that information. It is quite a relief to know that he is okay and it is normal for them to change color. I don't want him dying or sick. :)

Back
Top Bottom