Plecos for 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Icthyological Person

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
what kinds of Plecos can be housed in a 29 gallon tank, and do they clean a sand bottom? I have had trouble with otos and would like to know if i could have a Pleco.

You can have bristlenose plecos. They stay small and love a sandy bottom. You could also have a gold nugget pleco. They are more expensive and more difficult to find but definately worth it.

Do clown plecos enjoy sand? they would also work in a 29 gal. they are really shy though, I have enjoyed my old roommates bristlenose more then the clown pleco I have.

Whats a clown pleco look like? Pics plox 0.o

I second the gold nuggets' they are pretty cool and stay about 6 inches. My LFS just got them in stock, but I didn't want to drop 50 bones on one.

I have a clown plec an they are to shy and it only comes out when the light goes off. There are loads of plecs that stay small i.e bristlenose and a lot of the L- numbers. Just make sure u do the research on the plec you want and try to steer clear of extremely shy ones because you will hardly see them.

Back
Top Bottom