Poor Betta's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steez

Aquarium Advice FINatic
First off I'll start by saying I'm sorry if this is the wrong section, but this would definitely be considered " general thoughts " :)

Last week I was browsing LFS's with my girlfriend, just taking looks and what-not. I like to go around and see the new stuff places have.

My third stop I saw this:
2011-11-07 17.22.00.jpg

All of the bowls were this bad, I couldn't believe it. This puts Walmart to shame, even their Betta bowls aren't close to this bad. I ended up talking to the stores manager about it and she had the balls to tell me that I was overreacting and that it's ok for Betta's specifically to be in bad water conditions. We discussed it for a while and I ended up leaving the store telling her that she was a completely ignorant. I was pretty ticked off, and I knew that my scene wouldn't really do much in the big picture but it still felt good.

Why aren't there any sort of laws preventing this? Stores are allowed to distribute living creatures but there's no regulation over the torture of them? Says a lot for human nature and how selfish "we" are. No wonder the reefs are disappearing..

/endrant :)

Back
Top Bottom