Poorly Cherry Red Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robbie90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I have a poorly CRS... about a week ago i found him stuck to my filter inlet slots (its a juwel monolux 60) and thought she was a goner but she was still alive. she was absolutely fine except that her front legs where a little out of shape so i isolated her to see if she gets better as i was informed that legs etc grow back fine. at first she seemed to be getting a bit better... she moulted and was able to stand sort of upright but the past day or 2 she has constantly been on her side.
I don't know what to do if she will ever get better or is it better to put her out of her misery HUMAINLY... and if so, how?.
Any info would be appreciated.
Rob

Does the shrimp have something to grab onto? I recently traded some RCS for some BPS (same species, different color) and the LFS didn't put anything in the bag for the shrimp to hold onto. Two shrimp were lying on their sides and all looked stressed. I put some java moss in the container while I acclimated the shrimp. They immediately perked up and started moving around. RCS need something to hold onto or they'll stress out.

Is the shrimp eating?

theres been a few strands of Java moss in with her but she's looked happy enough standing on the bottom.
she was eating the past few days but i've not noticed her eat anything today...

Back
Top Bottom