Poorly Platinum Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lozzamogz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All!

I have a platinum tetra who is not well at all. I found him lying at the bottom of the tank, alive, 3 days ago. I quickly put him in a breeding box so that the other fish couldn't harass him. I then tested my water parameters, which were all spot on and my other fish are all thriving.

I basically put him in the box so he could die peacefully but he's showing no sign of letting go yet... in fact, he's moving more! Occasionally he gets loads of energy and thrashes about, almost like he is having some sort of seizure. The only way I can describe this motion is like watching him swim very fast under strobe lights (it's jerky and weird). He does this for about 30 seconds before going completely still and lying on his side again).

I tried the shelled pea method to no avail; he wont eat. I have just done their weekly water change and water conditions still very good. I have no idea how old this little guy is... I got him just over a year ago as an adult and the rest of the platinums are as healthy as ever.

Has anyone ever experienced this or have any ideas/suggestions? I will try anything (rightly or wrongly, I feel unable to euthanise).

Thanks in advance,

Laura :fish1:

Back
Top Bottom