Pop eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It just fell off? I guess all you can do is do what you are doing and watch him. :)

Yeah I think it might have been his slime coat.. I'm not sure.. It's like when humans get dry skin and you itch it and it falls off.. That's sorta what happened

Melafix won't cure Popeye. It's a infection that cause fluid to build in the eye. Epsom salt draws the fluid out and cures the Popeye. You can get Epsom salt at walgreens just make sure it's 100% Epsom and no fragrance

Melafix won't cure Popeye. It's a infection that cause fluid to build in the eye. Epsom salt draws the fluid out and cures the Popeye. You can get Epsom salt at walgreens just make sure it's 100% Epsom and no fragrance

How much would I add to a 75 gallon planted tank?

The eye doesn't look cloudy now, so that is a good sign. I would guess this is down to injury, (especially given only one eye is affected) and the eye is looking better as the injury heals.

Good water management and a varied diet to keep the fish in top condition and he should be fine. Remember though, that even if an injury heals, the eye may remain protruding due to scar tissue.

The eye doesn't look cloudy now, so that is a good sign. I would guess this is down to injury, (especially given only one eye is affected) and the eye is looking better as the injury heals. Good water management and a varied diet to keep the fish in top condition and he should be fine. Remember though, that even if an injury heals, the eye may remain protruding due to scar tissue.

Yeah it's not cloudy anymore. It's still just bloated. Like I said it was like that when I got him. His color was just so unique compared to all the other firemouths, I had to get him!

Back
Top Bottom