popeye the sailor fish....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I bought a few red neon barbs to add some color to my barb tank...on the ride home, looking in the bag o' fish i noticed one was completely missing an eye!

he is fine, swiming around, fighting his way thru the hierarchy in the tank, eating. no rea "injury" just a scared over, completely missing eye.

I have named him popeye for this.

Anyone see any reason I shouldn't keep him this way? he seems happy and healthy overall, and whatever got his eye, seems to have healed.

i don't suppose they re-grow eyes like they do fins....

I once rescued a Betta from WalMart who was in a tiny container filled with roughly 200ml of extremely dirty water. He had one eye and seemed scared to death. I named him Memnock. He lived a very peaceful life in my community tank before eventually succumbing to some body fungus. The fungus was so bad I had to euthanize him, of course I had tried every trick in the book to rid him of the fungus (obviously nothing worked).

Sorry to get off track. My one-eyed fish did just fine. Sometimes he had a hard time finding food but otherwise he made a great pet. I would strongly suggest keeping your one-eyed friend and enjoying his company. There is no reason not to IMHO.

Best
Joe

popeye needs you more than ever. just think, he could of ended up somewhere else where he might have been left to fend for himself with one eye, in a dangerous tank with a chiclid or something. now he can rest assured that he will be cared for and in turn, he will take care of you. popeye does not have to suffer at the hands of bluto and might not get spinach, but maybe a pea or some blood worms. take good care of popeye.

he has captured my heart already. he was the first one to eat out of my hand today at feeding time. and when i come to the tank, if he sees me with his good eye he comes right up to the glass and swims up and down.

he is probably going to end up my favorite fish for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom