Porcelain anemone crab lost a big claw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PurplePolyp

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought two anemone crabs today. I read they like to stay in pairs and my LFS has two that were already together so I bought them both. I acclimated them over about an hour in the bag. After I removed them from the bag, they hit the sand bed and immediately began fighting. One of them ripped the others right claw off. One of the big ones. Will he survive with one claw? Will it grow back? He seems to be acting normal right now. I took a couple pictures. The lights are still off but my moonlight led's are on and I had a flashlight.

image-1488246186.jpg

image-675786034.jpg

You can see the torn appendage laying on the sand bed.

Can't say as I know anything about these particular crabs except for his claw will grow back.. I got an emerald like that once and it grew back. Give it a little time, let him shed a couple times and he should be good

Mmmm, kinda hard to say? Maybe once a month? My only experience with crabs is emeralds and a some hermits so idk if porcelain crabs are different. I wouldn't worry about it though.. Maybe keep an eye on them fight though? Can't be good if they are continually ripping each other apart

They've been staying a pretty good distance apart but I'm watching them. They both seem to be just chilling and eating now. They haven't moved in awhile.

image-3524586934.jpg

Back
Top Bottom