Possible Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyNovice

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I am kind of freaking out a bit. I think my beautiful peacocks may have ich. No new fish added. I found a salt treatment online I am going to try, but adding this much salt makes me so nervous. I don't want them to die from salt overdose but I don't want to lose them to ich either!! One of my lemon jakes had a white bump on his lip for a few days and then it was gone!! So that's why I am thinking ich.

What do you think of this treatment I found:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429840887.829351.jpg

Everyone appears to be happy and healthy otherwise. Social and eating well. I've never had to deal with this before so I'm really panicking. I currently have the temp at about 83. Parameters are all in normal range.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I never used salt when I had Ich. Some people do.

Turn temp to 86 degrees and make sure there is plenty of oxygenation then you just have to wait it out. At 86 the life cycle of Ich becomes greatly increased. I would also do water changes and vacuum the bottom every day/ every other day. The reason is because Ich free floats in the water If it does not have a host. Water changes help remove some of the free floating Ich so it can go away faster.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I use heat. It just works! 86F and aerate as stated above. After all signs of ICH are gone, keep the temp at 86 another 10-14 days.

I would go with 14 to be safe.

If this is in an established tank I would take a close look at your fish. Ich in an established tank is usually the result of serious stress in a fish causing the Ich and spreading to the others. You might have an aggression problem.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom