Possible parasites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwidman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My pregnant guppy may be sick. Her gravid spot has turned red from black and is dialated heavily. She is having red and orange poop like stuff coming out of her, but it's not coming from her poop canal, which is also dialated. I read on a site that this may be parasitic. I wanted to get y'all's opinions before I make a decision on what to do with her. Not looking good though.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425426311.391756.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Did you ever figure out what it was? And did she survive? Mine is doing the same thing...gravid spot was dark but is now a clearish yellow and looks like she is trying to poop a red needle like thing...im thinking worms but not sure...just purchased her 2 days ago and dont have any dewormer...hopefully someone can point me in the right direction...debating between Fenbendazole and prazipro...

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I never did missie. My first mother died after birth. The second with this condition died after 3 days in isolation. I doubt there is anything you can do for her.

I have 3 baby guppies left from the first mothers batch.

I'm gonna wait until it's warmer so I can get the select colors of guppies i want.

Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks...im gonna need it...mine have been positively id as camallanus worms. Just ordered my wormer and should have it in a couple days...but I know there is a high probability of fatalities... :-(

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom