Possible saltwater build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dubs1281

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 37 gallon tank that is saltwater ready from a guy on craigslist for $150 I could probably talk him down on that too. The problem is, I already have two tanks and was planning on upgrading my 30 to a 90 and that would cancel that. What I would get is the tank, stand, rena canister filter, powerhead, live sand, and a coralife lighting system, he hasn't been very specific on anything though.

Another thought is what would be my stocking options. I really want a flame angel, as they are my favorite fish, and my lfs has a beautiful one at the moment, but I am afraid the tank is too small. I have seen minimum tank requirements from 30-100 gallons. Then I would want other fish, but what could I add? I am limited by my lfs and tank size. What corals could I add with the flame angel.

Keep in mind this is possible build not a for sure deal, but could be fun.

Any help?

I wouldn't bother with it if you wan to go to a 90. It sounds more like a freshwater setup anyway. No protein skimmer, sump, lighting for any corals you may want later. His setup is a dime a dozen. Nice, but not what you're looking for it sounds. Not much else is going to go with a flame angel in a tank that size.

Thanks, thats what I needed to hear. I wont do it. Something just keeps nudging the back of my mind. :) I will probably end up going saltwater, but not for quite some time.

Back
Top Bottom