Possible tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aces11

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 20g high aquarium with 1 small female betta, 4 harlequin rasboras, 2 endlers guppies, and a bristlenose pleco. I was wondering what sorts of fish, if any I could add to the tank. Preferably something colorful. I do WCs every other week with 2 AC30 filters.

I've been thinking about a betta sorority but wasn't sure if it would work out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

4 more rasboras to make a nice school would be nice. Is your current female betta peaceful? Sometimes they dont enjoy the company of guppies. You could try another female betta, they sometimes coexist peacefully. A scarlet badis, american flag fish, and peacock gudgeon.

The betta is pretty peaceful, she never goes after the guppies. She is a lil fiestu sometimes though. She jumped out of the tank when I was feeding them last week. Could I possible add a few more rasboras and a betta without being overstocked?

You wouldnt be overstocked at all. The rasboras,betta, and guppies have very small bioloads. The pleco has very high bioload, I wouldnt put any pleco in a 20g, but thats just me. A lot of people do. Some shrimp and snails would be better cleanup crew and have a much much lighter bioload.

I've had the pleco for a while, I'd rehome him if I could. I used to have a couple of nerites but they died. I've been dying to add more bettas but I'm afraid they'll bicker..

The thing with betta sororities is that you need at least 5, or it probably won't work. I'm not sure if that's over stocked or not.

Yeah I've read that before. I love my betta, and all bettas really. I bought her as a baby from petco and she's kinda a centerpiece for my tank now. Not sure if I have room for a group of 5 or if 3 coule work.

Any other recommendations or thoughts about sororities?

I think 5 would be pushing the stock limits. Unless you did find a new home for the pleco, then 5 would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom