Possibly sick Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squidney

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! I just started my aquarium adventure about a week or so ago and I’ve made a lot of mistakes in the process but so far have kept everything alive. However my baby Pleco is about to give me a heart attack. His/her belly is maybe turning red or was already red when I got him/her. I really don’t remember. ���� Any advice or if anyone can tell me if I should be worried, that would be awesome. My tank is cycling currently so my ammonia level is at .25. (I don’t have the master kit. Just the ammonia test kit along with strips and ammonia and ph tags I have hanging in my tank) my ph is at 6.5-7. I’ll add pictures and of course if I left out anything (with and without flash), I will be happy to reply back. I have 4 guppies and a ram horn snail with him/her in a 10 gallon. Forgive me but I don’t know what kind of Pleco. Also I’ve haven’t been seeing him/her eat however he/she is because I’ve been seeing him/her poop.

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability: red belly/underside on Pleco
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values. : ammonia 0-.25, nitrites0-20, nitrates 0-20, temp is 77.2, pH 6.5-7
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up? 10 gallon-1week
4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.: capetsma Aquarium Filter Sponge
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes? 4 guppies, 1 ram horn snail and 1 Pleco
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time? A couple hours ago. Every other day or is ammonia gets too high.
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them? 1 week. In bag in the water for 30 minutes until slowly adding water to bag
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.? No
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently? Pleco wafers and zucchini. I have driftwood coming.

And I know I have too many fish to cycle but I’m trying. Please be kind in the replies. I’ve beaten myself up over this enough.

Attachments

• 38B3A20F-F8A6-4C1A-BD01-93BF594370D1.jpg
    38B3A20F-F8A6-4C1A-BD01-93BF594370D1.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 2466EE28-59BC-4F25-8F89-260CE4452A8D.jpg
    2466EE28-59BC-4F25-8F89-260CE4452A8D.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom