Powder blue tang not feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rank amateur

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I purchased a powder blue tang from my lfs 3 days ago and he doesn't seem interested in the food I am offering him.

I have tried him on live artemia and frozen brine shrimp and my regular flake but he just swims by when the food is in there.

When I watch him I do see him pecking on the rocks and he looks ok - still active and good colour, but not sure if this can provide enough food.

I know that they can be a bit difficult but wondered if anyone can give me some other ideas, none of the other fish I have in there have ever given me a problem with feeding so this is a new experience!

Thanks

You could soak the food in garlic, that might get a feeding response. Also, try putting a seaweed sheet out for him, my tanks love it.

You could soak the food in garlic, that might get a feeding response. Also, try putting a seaweed sheet out for him, my tanks love it.

Soaking in garlic and seaweed are brilliant ideas!

Mine started out on boring old flake. In fact most of my fish start out on it. I use new life spectrum optimum flakes and never had a fish turns its nose up at it. I will also offer seaweed on a daily basis to help get the fish to feed. After the fish is feeding on one thing it should start feeding on others within a short period of time.

Back
Top Bottom