Powerfeeding??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's usually done with juvenile fish. You feed the fish until they are visibly full every day for 5 or 6 days and then 1 or 2 rest days to clear the gut, fish tend to grow faster this way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you feed normal food or high protein?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

FishGuy1111

Power feeding is a term mostly used in reptile propagation. The bottom line is you keep the gut and intestinal tracks working full-time at full tilt. In most cases you use super high protien and some sort of roughage to keep things moving.

Here are the issues, power feeding shortens the life of any animal anddepending on how long and how significant all counts. When it comes to fish, I feed my livebearer fry 3 times daily first with powerdered flake and then with a brineshrimp micro worm combo. A livebearer fry will digest the contents of it's stomach within 20-30 min. The way I do it is release the live food when the process is more than half finished. This allows the fish to continue to eat, not gorge themselves senseless. The food supply lasts until the next round. This is not considered power feeding

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom