Powerhead placement 54 corner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dtorre125

Aquarium Advice Regular
Want to know where I should place my powerheads (hydor 850 and 750) for optimal water flow. Hopefully the picture helps you see how my liverock is setup but you may have to zoom in alittle(there is some space behind the rock). I also purchased a hydor wave control and was wondering what intervals are most natural. Any input is greatly appreciated. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406235121.395999.jpg

I would aim one at the rocks to stop detrius building up and one across the front of the tank

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok so you're suggesting one lower left corner and the other higher in right corner?

Yea yhat coukd work are you aiming for a reef tank?

I think I'm going to keep 850 in same spot and then put 750 bottom. I want to try to bounce 750 off of glass and thru rocks.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406310794.128004.jpg

Any suggestions for intervals or is it just a preference?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just prefrence I guess have my wp40 on else mode where it alternates the curent its self

I posted this thread awhile ago but was recently playing around with my hydor 850 powerheads. I had them alternating every 3 hours so only one was on at a time. The past day I put them both on. What do you guys think about have two 850's going in a 54 corner? Is that a good amount of flow? Should I go back to the alternating every 3 hours? I attached a picture of where I have them placed. Keep in mine I have a fluval 406 canister filter that puts out some good flow too. Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408808949.274440.jpg
Might have to zoom but they're located upper left and right. (The right is point more along the front glass and the left one goes across the tank)

Is there any other settings on the hydor smart wave besides both being on or alternating? Anything that makes it go from 1-2 powerheads on?

Back
Top Bottom