PPS Pro and Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RadMax8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

So I did my first dose of PPS Pro on Monday. I've got a few ghost shrimp in my tank. Yesterday and today, I lost a shrimp. Is it just coincidence that I lost some shrimp, or is it a direct cause? How do people with shrimp tanks fertilize their plants? Thanks for the advice!

Ghost shrimp are pretty weak to begin with.. some amanos would be better really.. i dose pps pro with amanos no problemo..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Brookster,

Yeah I've noticed them being very weak. Is that how it is in the wild or just home aquaria?

Anyway, I'll have to check out the LFS to see if they've got any amanos. Thanks buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think the majority of ghost shrimp are harvested and sold as feeders, thus are treated as such.
I have an Amano in a planted tank with CO2, glut and PPS-Pro and it's doing fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I lost all my neocaridinas from dosing pps-pro. So I wouldn't eliminate that possibility.
Is it a fact the pps pro was the culprit? Not accusing or judging.. if it was though the experience should be shared so others don't make the same mistake.

Is it a fact the pps pro was the culprit? Not accusing or judging.. if it was though the experience should be shared so others don't make the same mistake.

Not sure what else. They came fine and were acclimated and all were eating and going around the tank. I waited on dosing because SoothingShrimp from TPT told me they don't do well with dosing. I started my dosing back up and they all disappeared over a few days. Me and Soothing both think it was dosing and no one knows shrimp better then him.

Back
Top Bottom