pregnant again?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YLD

Aquarium Advice Activist
Why is my platy always preg? Im serious, is preg all the time... I dont want anymore platys and I still have this 10 babies that idk what to do with them and she is preg again... wow
:facepalm:

Livebearers :s we unkowingly bought our molly pregnant! The new tank weve got we are going to try n set up so everything will eat everything else's babies (but still quite be quite placid!) apperently african dwarf frogs will eat the fish fry!

At the beginning was nice and fun specially for our kid, but man this is crazy lol I don't want anymore platys lol I only have this problem with them.

The cycle of life ! Platy's, guppies, mollies, pretty much any live-bearing will be like this. Not sure of knowingly alllowing fry to be food for others though !
If you can see your platy is about to birth, a QT/breeder tank would be good, then 4-6 weeks old take the young to your lfs and see if they will take them from you and give a store-credit.

Back
Top Bottom