Pregnant Endler.... Help anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Obsessedfishlover

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I had an endler given to me so I could have her until she delivered. But the problem is I don't really have a good knowledge on this. But I do know you have to separate them and everything like hat. My first question is how do I know exactly when she is going to give birth... I noticed she is kinda staying near the surface. Should I put her in a breeder tank and take her out once all the babies hatch? She is also sticking towards the heater. Any help please I have no absolute knowledge on endless never had one but I am looking into it because I love the little thing already! :)

Endlers don't eat fry. In fact guppies don't eat fry as long as there are hiding places and their not starving. Absoultely don't do the breeding traps, their a waste of money and added stress to the fish. The fry are usually considered "safe" at about a week or so old, so there is really no need to take them out, especially with endlers. The only reason i would take guppy fry out is so i can put them in a grow out tank and add salt and feed alot.

Endlers don't eat fry. In fact guppies don't eat fry as long as there are hiding places and their not starving. Absoultely don't do the breeding traps, their a waste of money and added stress to the fish. The fry are usually considered "safe" at about a week or so old, so there is really no need to take them out, especially with endlers. The only reason i would take guppy fry out is so i can put them in a grow out tank and add salt and feed alot.

Tell that to my endlers...

Plant the tank heavily with hornwort. Went from 1-4 fry a month to dozens.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom