Pregnant fancy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SKB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My friend has a couple of fancy goldfish and they showed me how it's so much larger then the other when they were bought together and the same size. Does this fish look pregnant or like its bloated? Hasn't had a problem with floating or anything.

image-459798991.jpg

image-3417283964.jpg

Sorry more information: her tank has been set up for 2 months and was cycled. Ammonia and nitrite are 0 nitrate 10. She has 2 fancies in a 20 gallon I've told her shell need to upgrade. She also has 2 Cory cats and 2 snails.

Well, goldfish do not become 'pregnant'. They are egg layers. When full of eggs, they are considered 'gravid'. This fish actually just looks like a healthy moor. Fancies should have nice, round tummies. The fancies (particularly moors) in most lfs tend to look emaciated. My guess is she is just getting a better share of food at mealtime. They really do need a much bigger tank sooner rather than later. :)

Thanks!! Her other Moore has a round tummy but the other one has a way bigger tummy. I'm not at her house now to get pictures but I will let her know to keep watch the other one eats enough too.

Back
Top Bottom