Pregnant guppy or just fat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jj528

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, I just have a quick question about my guppies. in the picture attached there are my female guppies. They look a little fat to me so i was wondering if they are pregnant or just fat.

I don't see a pic attached, but I can almost guarantee that if your females have been housed with males they are pregnant.

Yeah sorry heres the picture

Attachments

• IMG_20131025_154247.jpg
    IMG_20131025_154247.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 66
Yup, you've got babies on the way. The more square their stomach looks the closer they are to birthing.

No problem. Any plans for the new additions? Any time you have females that have been housed with makes you will wind up over run with fry.

I don't know yet, any advice about how big a tank you need to raise fry? Do fry need special water parameters?

They need clean water, but other than that no. You will need to make sure to crush some flakes into a powder to ensure it's small enough for the fry to eat. Also use a bit of nylon hosiery to cover your filter inlet so they don't get sucked in.

What size tank do you currently have? What else is in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom