Pregnant Mollie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J as always

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have now had my Mollie, Nigela, in a breeding tank for 3 days now. She looks like she is going to pop so it should be any day now. If however, she does not give birth how long should I leave her in the little tank. Is it putting stress on her or will she be ok as long as the breeding tank she is in is cleaned? Any advice would be greatly received. J

what kind of Mollies is it, there is a variety called a Balloon Mollie, also i would only leave her in there for a week at most, if she does not have the babies by then take her out and put her back in the main tank include, introduce, some floating plans and thick moss(java moss) to give the babies a place to hide in. hope this helps:)

I will definitely get some floating plants in there. She is a normal black Molly and she has had fry before but I missed them and only one survived. I don't want the same thing to happen again. I will keep her in there until the week is up and then put her back in the main tank. She will probably wait until she's back in the tank and I will miss them all again! Thanks for the advice. J

There was no need to worry in the end. She had about 20 very very small black fry last night! J

Back
Top Bottom