Pregnant or Sick Molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basicwitchcoley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi y'all! I noticed that my female speckled Molly has a little bulge on her belly, particularly her left side. She is a little stretched and these scales seem white, with a little gray discoloration (see pics)

Water: nitrate/nitrite 0
PH is 7.5
Ammonia 0

Take has been established since October 2020.

2 mollies and a CAE in 10 gallons

I have a heater that she is hanging by frequently these days (1-3 days) and did a vacuum/20% change on Friday.

Please let me know if this could be pregnancy! Since October, I have had some males come and go. I believe the last male passed a few months ago. Currently, both mollies are female.

Her buoancy is fine and she's eating well. I have treated the tank twice for parasites from another fish that passed. However, that was about 2 months ago.

I have dealt with a lot of illness too sadly, with a fish in cycle. Let me know if it might be that..

Thanks!!! Snapchat-1703789851.jpegSnapchat-951506048.jpgSnapchat-424598255-1.jpeg

ETA: I feed them API tropical flakes and algae wafers for the CAE. There is a HOB and sponge filter in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom