Pregnant platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jfilk

Aquarium Advice Regular
I looked at her earlier today an noticed she was alot bigger then my other female platies... Is she pregnant?

Attachments

• image-4111819043.jpg
    image-4111819043.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 51
  • image-888139896.jpg
    image-888139896.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 58
  • image-489071716.jpg
    image-489071716.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 56
I would say yes! It may be harder to tell on her because she's got darker coloring which makes seeing a gravid spot tricky. But it definitely looks like she is. Do you have a male in the same tank or is she a new fish?

I have one blue male in the tank and she's older to the tank. Thanks for the reply and hoping that she is

I have one blue male in the tank and she's older to the tank. Thanks for the reply and hoping that she is

I think she's pregnant, maybe in her last week. I wouldn't keep her locked up in there though. I would just let her give birth in the tank. You could catch the fry once she has given birth. And even if they get eaten, she will have plenty more! I used to save mine until I became so over-run I had to give my females away. :)

Thanks for the advice an about a week? Alright I let her go too. Hope I can find some fry before the adults eat them all

Back
Top Bottom