Pristella Tetra questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-=Jeff=-

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello,

I have 3 Pristella Tetras in my tank, 2 are swimming around the tank like I normally see, but the 3rd is hanging out in the bottom back corner near my tank heater ( between it and the gravel bottom)

looking at that odd behaving one compared to the other 2 it has more dark spots below the eyes and back about 1/2 way. Is this one a female? or is it sick?

I will try to get a picture, but those don't always turn out

All the other fish in my tank seem happy and the couple guppies I have keep having babies, which was cool at first for my 6 year old and 4 year old, but now I need a tank just for the the guppies.. LOL

On a positive note too, my 6 year old son, now has a 5 Gal tank in his room and has 2 gold Danio's at the moment.. I guess my tank helped him wanting one..

I have Pristella Tetras as well.

They don't have dark spots below their eyes, or at all, except for their fins - so I don't know what's going on.

What are you feeding them? Feeding has a lot to do with coloration.

They might be stressed from being in a small group? They're supposed to be in a group of at least six I believe. A larger group will make them feel safer.

Also, check your water parameters.

Could be stress, but they have been fine up until i noticed this one. I know picture will help.. need to get one

if you look "through" your tetra, i beleive that the male has more of a slanted shaped swim bladder and the female is more round.
and i was looking at mine have dark spots both externally and internally behind the eyes. do you have a pic?

Back
Top Bottom