probably not majano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beeholtz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
unforunately i have a sub par digital camera and cannot get pictures but... i have a hitchhiker on a rock w/ some mushrooms, it is a transluscent green so sort of see through, probably 1/4 inch tall, looks like a button polyp but more of an anemone, i do not believe it is majano because i have had them in a previous tank. it has one row of little hair like tentacles that are the same length as your average button polyp or zoanthid, whereas the majanas i encounted seemed to have more than 1 row or at least some closer to the center of it than others. any ideas of possibilities?

Ummm, aiptasia....? That's just a guess w/out a pic. I don't my link for xtalreef...Hopefully some one will post it.

doesnt fit any of the profiles, definately not aiptasia, but like i said it looks like a transluscent green button polyp, but more of a button polyp shape and tentacle length, are majanos more see through when they are young?

Back
Top Bottom