Problem feeding Freeze Dried Bloodworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TigerFusion

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Shubunkin and Dojo Loach and do not want them feeding at the top of the tank for risk of swim bladder issues. They both love Freeze Dried Bloodworms (and I have a Huge Can of it)...

How can I feed Bloodwoorms near the Bottom of the tank? They Float.. I somehow found a YouTube video of someone with a cool feeder (posting a pic from it). Does anyone know where to find this? It is moveable with external magnet. The video is called "New Toy Test: Feeding Frenzy"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 125
I honestly am not sure what this item is but it appears to have fresh, not freeze dried, bloodworms inside of it. Fresh bloodworms do sink. The freeze dried variety may eventually sink if you soak them for a awhile such as overnight (no guarantee though!). If you opt for a long soak, make sure you place the container in the fridge with a lid and that you are soaking them in conditioned water or distilled water. If kept cold, the soaked worms will remain fresh for about 24-48hrs. If they do not sink at any point, you want to use the worms as part of a food recipe or feed them to another variety of fish. :)

I would Love to switch to Frozen, but when I ordered the freeze dried, they were out of the small can, so I made the mistake of ordering the bigger size.... It is HUGE!! Yep the one in the back!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411334247.991618.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would Love to switch to Frozen, but when I ordered the freeze dried, they were out of the small can, so I made the mistake of ordering the bigger size.... It is HUGE!! Yep the one in the back!
View attachment 250577

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Well the good thing is that GIANT can should last you a lifetime, and lots of fish love them.

You can offer to trade X ounces of these for other's awesome stuff like fish and plants. (Also as a side note, be aware that Bloodworms can spark allergic reactions in humans. Not usual, but not uncommon.)

People here in the classifieds might trade, using mail if there aren't people around where you are. Any Aquarium clubs around? Might be worth checking into. I know most fish will eat them.

I will have to check into Aquarium Clubs.. Thank you!!

Maybe I could make a DIY Feeder from a Canister Filter Intake Strainer and Magnet Veggie Clip??? :bulb:

I will have to check into Aquarium Clubs.. Thank you!!

Maybe I could make a DIY Feeder from a Canister Filter Intake Strainer and Magnet Veggie Clip??? :bulb:

The clips, I have seen a problem, my mom's little catfish was wiggling into the crevice to eat the veggie and it somehow knocked out the veggie out and snapped the catfish and it died. Unusual perhaps but I won't use them, since I saw this.

In your situation it wouldn't be held open very wide so maybe no problem.

So Sorry! That is Terrible!!!

So far, I use the Veggie Clip for Pierce's Seaweed strips. I would have to make some kind of Mod to attach the strainer to the round piece instead of the clip.

I actually bought a cone feeder for my elephant nose, it has a suction cup attached to the side of it so you can place it anywhere you want. Mine gets used when I feed mine glass worm as they usually float to the surface. I got the cone off eBay maybe have a look there or try your lfs they might sell or order them in for you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I actually bought a cone feeder for my elephant nose, it has a suction cup attached to the side of it so you can place it anywhere you want. Mine gets used when I feed mine glass worm as they usually float to the surface. I got the cone off eBay maybe have a look there or try your lfs they might sell or order them in for you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So, do you flip the cone upside down and suction cup it close to the bottom?

Back
Top Bottom