Problem unsolved

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeDaniels

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I lost 3 fish and then my male cherry barb got a White mucus and came to realise this was fungus so treated the tank now I have a bigger problem, I woke yesterday morning and my betta's tail was half gone :(:(:(:/ I'm not sure who is doing this but my tank consists of 1 betta, 2 cherry barb, 2 cardinal, 1 glow light, 1 pleco, 1 rainbow shark and 1 Chinese algae eater. Any suggestions as to why this happened ? I also believe it not to be the rainbow shark as the shark is about 4/5 inches and the betta is 1/2 so the shark would have done more than fish nip haha :) Thanks

Yeah that'd be a problem, have you introduce any new fish into your aquarium recently? What are the water parameter? What's the stock? Tank size and filter?

Fishkeeper26 said:
Yeah that'd be a problem, have you introduce any new fish into your aquarium recently? What are the water parameter? What's the stock? Tank size and filter?

My parameters are good ph7.6, ammo 0, no2 0, no3 20/40, the stock is the fish listed above I run two fluval plus 4 internal filters and my tank is roughly 50 gal, my most recent stock was my glow light tetra but before that about two weeks ago were my cardinal tetra and I believe they brought the fungal disease with them.

I am betting its the rainbow shark. I had one kill a Bala shark that was a full inch and a half larger. Nasty little dude, I ended up putting him in my Lake Malawi cichlid tank where he did just fine. Chinese algae eaters are semi-aggressive as well... keep us posted

Well my shark is placid and would just eat the betta whole the Disease is clearing up and this is the only fish to have it :/ the treatment for the fungal was also for fin rot I think so not that. My algae eater is very aggressive and I think it may be him so he is up for sale. I'll keep everyone posted

I'm really sorry to hear about your fish bro :-(. I'm sure the guys here on AA will get it all patched up and worked out for you. Only thing I can add is to keep a close eye on your water parameters. I don't know the specific meds you used to treat the infection...but many medications can also damage the beneficial bacteria that keeps the tank stable. Just keep a close eye on ammo and nitrItes for a while and follow the great advise you'll get on this forum and things will be back to perfect in no time. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom