Problem with 40G breeder!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCieParagon

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just purchased a 40G breeder tank. I have a beautiful versa-top hood for it too. I have a problem though. My tank's plastic frame is so thick that it doesn't for the versa-top. Would it be ok to try and file and shave the inside of the frame to fit the versa-top? It misses it by about 1/8 of an inch. Thanks.

I realize it would be better to shave that than the versa-top since that's made of tempered glass.

Im in the same boat, rather frustrating.. I'm thinking of just taking it to the glass guy and seeing if he'll cut it down and polish it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im in the same boat, rather frustrating.. I'm thinking of just taking it to the glass guy and seeing if he'll cut it down and polish it..

Yeah. I'm honestly at a loss. I love the top. It's very nice. But my frame is so thick that it doesn't fit the top at all.

Yup, it's a good heavy top, tight to the hob ' s, great handle that doesn't rip right off. I got mine with. 30b I had to replace recently with a Tetra 40b.. the top is literally an 1/8" too long..i asked about scoring and snapping the excess off and apparently it's easier said than done.. i figure our glass guys have the proper tools to do it right.. otherwise I'll have new glass cut and reuse the union and handle..have you called a glass shop?

Yup, it's a good heavy top, tight to the hob ' s, great handle that doesn't rip right off. I got mine with. 30b I had to replace recently with a Tetra 40b.. the top is literally an 1/8" too long..i asked about scoring and snapping the excess off and apparently it's easier said than done.. i figure our glass guys have the proper tools to do it right.. otherwise I'll have new glass cut and reuse the union and handle..have you called a glass shop?

So I figured how to do this. The aqueon versa-top won't work. Go to petco and get the tetra glass canopy. It's 36.99 and fits like a glove. Recommend it highly!

Yah.. luckily I can return the top I have with the faulty tank it came with.. i may not even get a top.. the 2 current leds I just put on look way better without it haha

Back
Top Bottom