Problem with Guppies fish, newbie tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sisgurl1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have a question to ask about the fish, and trying to figure out how to solve fish from dying. I have 10 guppies and bought from pet supermarket. The problem is my guppies are dying each hour. I have stuffs to keep fish tank to stabilize but I don't understand why my guppies die from what. I need help with this, is there anything help guppies from dying? What kind of salt to use for guppies and do I have to restart over again to pour the water out of tank? I have pH, ink, Algae, remove Chlo, filter, air filter, and I don't know what else I was supposed to use for guppies. Maybe there's something wrong with it. Can you please help me what to do? I love guppies because they are keeping me calm and relaxed every time I watch my guppies. It's help with blood pressure, mood and anxiety. Please let me know asap. If you explain to me everything then I should have to restart the tank and buy guppies without dying . Thanks Crystal (sisgurl1).

Hi newbie,

Have you learned about the nitrogen cycle yet?

You need to get your tank cycled. After that happens, your life will be MUCH more peaceful (at least with the fish tank).

Do you know what your tank parameters are?

Ammonia, NitrIte, and Nitrate,
pH of your tank
AND pH of your tap water after sitting for 24 hours.

When you have a liquid test kit you can check this all out. If you do not have a liquid test kit do you have test strips? Do you have ones for ammonia?

Your local fish store will test for you too for free for right now. Make sure to get the test numbers for all the things they test for - bring a note pad and write it down.

Please click the link on my signature and start learning, right away! It is way too much to type all to you now but the article will give you plenty of basic info and we can help you along the way!

Also since you already have fish, you will need to know about fish in cycling.

Check these out.
Fish-in Cycling: Step over into the dark side - Aquarium Advice

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice

You need to get a big bottle of Prime water conditioner. You will need to use it frequently while doing fish - in cycling.

The other thing you need is a liquid test kit and it is a little time consuming to use often, but you get better and faster with it with more practice.

You probably do not need a bunch of other bottled products. Not that you should throw them away. Maybe you can return some unnecessary ones if you still have receipts. :)

Now - after reading all the articles let us know what else we can help with!?

Back
Top Bottom