pros and cons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I guess I mainly want the cons of having a saltwater tank that will eventually have reefs that has no overflows or protein skimmer?

In a couple of months from now I am going to either do a 29 gallong biocube or really go crazy and do a six footer so I can have tangs. I know the biocube is all inclusive, but if I do go with a bigger tank, would two AC110 HOBs work as long as I had some power heads for flow? Given that setup what type of maintenance schedule would be recommended?

I am pretty diligent with maintenance on my 60 gallon freshwater. I do 50% pwc's weekly. Due to the hassle and cost of saltwater I would not want to do that with the salt tank. What is a safe maintenance schedule given the proposed equipment above.

IMO if you did the bigger tank why not just get a reef ready one, put a hob overflow on it or get it drilled. The aqua clears may work but long term a sump will save you so much hassle and I don't think they make a hob skimmer for tanks that size.

Back
Top Bottom