protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bm4pm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello fellow fish lovers
i have just set up a marine fish only tank and i feel like im shooting in the dark.:confused: i have just set up my protain skimmer and its sending bubles into my tank which is sending my water cloudy.can enybody help me please.is this normal or do i have a problem. my skimmer is a jad dg2516 if eny body has heard of it it hangs on the side of my tank.its been shiped in from japan and the instrution are cryptic .
thanks barry

I moved your thread to the General Hardware and Equipment section. Please only make one thread per topic.

Usually protein skimmers have a "break in" time where they will send alot of bubbles into the tank. After a couple weeks they are usually broken in and this will get better. I'm not familiar with your specific brand though.

thanks

ok thanks for your input:angel:.if you was wondering i got the skimmer on the cheap on ebay. cost me 65pound about 100 dollers i think.its been shiped in from the far east.jad have some good reveiws on you tube .
thanks barry

As with a lot of the equipment we use in our SW systems you get what you pay for. Skimmers, lights and pumps are things that you need to invest a little bit into. Chances are you can find a good used skimmer for what you paid for the one you have. A lot of the equipment I have was purchased form local hobbyist as they upgraded their systems.

should off

hello
maybe i should off explored that avinue.but like i said it had some good reveiws so i went for it . i am thinking of getting a fluedised bed fillter is there is a model enybody recomends.

You may be able to try a sponge in the outlet, should work as a partial bubble trap

Back
Top Bottom