Protien skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone using this thing or have any experience with it? Quadplex Spraying Protein Skimmer sky495.

There is an adjustment on the pump and on the output of the skimmer. Either the cup overfills in 5 minutes or the bubbles to even touch the too of the cone. Any ideas?

This is where the bubbles are, is this too little or ?? This thing is hard to adjust. This is my first skimmer and I grabbed it at a swap meet with no directions. I rigged this thing up lol.

If it was just cleaned, which it looks like it was it may take a few days to get some gunk on it or "break in" so the bubbles can climb up to the top, something about clean plastic makes the bubbles pop to quick, it has to slime up on the inside to let the bubbles spill over, may take a day, maybe a week, id set it like your pic, and watch it, I'll bet youll have to turn it down in a couple days.

Cool, thank you for the reply. This unit is new, grabbed it for 30 bucks at the aquarium swap meet deal. Googled it and it retailed for 150. Yeah. There is no fish in the tank yet neither. It is still on its 3rd week cycle.

Back
Top Bottom