Puffy gills?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visionist

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just finished heat treatment for ich on my leopard ctenopoma and all his spots are gone, hes brightened up and eating bloodworms well. Ive noticed now that his gills seem puffy. They seemed a little bit before but now its more noticeable. His gills are a little pink but they have been that way since I got him a few weeks ago. I don't think its flukes, am I wrong? What could it be? I have cupramine I can treat him with but id rather not treat him if I dont have to. Hard to tell in the pics but they definitely puff out a fair bit.

Sent from my LG G2 using Aquarium Advice mobile app.

Attachments

• 1399667046508.jpg
    1399667046508.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 52
  • 1399667057199.jpg
    1399667057199.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 52
Started cupramine treatment 2 days ago, havent noticed any change

Also he is active and still eating very well could it be there is nothing wrong?

How long has your tank been set up?

Ctenos are fairly shy fish, im sure hed appreciate some hiding spots... my 4 sure do

Ctenos are very hardy fish......

How long has your tank been set up?

Ctenos are fairly shy fish, im sure hed appreciate some hiding spots... my 4 sure do

He looks really thin imo....is he eating? Ctenos are very hardy fish......

Hes in an isolation tank as I had to treat him for ich. He does not look skinny at all to me, he is eating frozen bloodworms daily. The pics make him seem a bit thinner.

Back
Top Bottom