pumps skimmers wet dry filters?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tesoriero

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Appx 15 years I had a 55 gallon sw tank and now I am looking to get back into the hobby. Things have changed so much since then. I have been doing my homework by doing alot of reading. I have chosen a 180 Gallon acrilic tank with an internal overflow.

Right now I'm confused on on the filtering system. I want to have everything underneath. I'm going to need a protine skimmer a wet dey filter and a pump. Anything else? I've seen Calcium reactors, what are they and are they truley needed?

Can anybody tell me who manufactures the best filters today?

As far as water flow has anybody used or have an opion on EcoTech Marines Vortec Propeller pumps?
Thanks for all you help in advance
Greg T

You could also add a UV sterilizer, but it's not necessary as long as you keep your water quality good. A sump will be just as good as a wet/dry, and you can even make one yourself. You can place your skimmer, heater and pump(s) inside the sump and out of view. Most of the folks on here seem to like Mag Drive pumps. A calcium reactor is not necessary, either. Again, just keep up on regular water changes. Oh, and welcome to AA.

Welcome to AA :flasingsmile: :flasingsmile: :flasingsmile:
Think about going to a refugium. Better idea that will help reduce nutrients in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom