Purigen VS Chem-Pure Elite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nole_87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I own a 29 gallon Biocube with led lighting and was looking to bump up the filtration a bit. Ive heard good things about the Chem-Pure Elite but read a negative review earlier about how it filters too much and hinders some coral growth. The review said that perigean was a better substitute. Is this true?
........I will be putting this in my media basket

I run both chemipure elite and purigen in my biocube. I havent noticed any issues with it, but I don't have a whole heck of a lot of corals in it either. lol

I use Purigen, Chemi Pure Elite, and carbon in my Biocube, along with a refugium with Chaeto. I haven't run into any problems yet *fingers crossed*

Yea the post just said after the Chemi Pure was removed that the corals in the tank took off in growth when Purigen was used instead. I just bought this tank and it came with live rock,sand, and led kit. These lights are amazing, i don't want to hold back any coral growth they may produce. Appreciate the input though guys.

I have been considering getting rid of my Chemi-Pure Elite, because it is expensive, non-renewable, and messy when I tried to clean it off before I put it in the tank (I always have black splotches tattooed onto my hand for a few days after!)

I got a bag of Chem Pure today and put it in my media tray but the water doesn't flow through it fast enough and its causing water to move around my tray, have y'all had the same problems?

Back
Top Bottom