PWC Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know what works and what don't, and I didn't learn this off the Internet I learned it from an experienced aquarist.

I don't normally argue when people find something that seems to work for them...I just don't want newbies doing 50% pwc's with either blazing hot or freezing cold water based on what parasite they're trying to prevent. I know that's not what you're implying, but you'd be surprised what people can take from certain statements.

I know what works and what don't, and I didn't learn this off the Internet I learned it from an experienced aquarist.

I said perpetuated not originated, either way it's incorrect. People being wrong around and spreading misinformation goes back much further than the Internet.

Last edited:
It's not uncommon for people to take these approaches in fishkeeping. Some people swear by adding salt at every water change also to prevent Ich infestations.

Some strains of ich have been proven to survive far beyond 85 degrees, so it's not bulletproof, and 85+ is a little above the range that most people keep tropical fish in.

Anyway, I understand the concept of why one would do this, but proper QT procedures on new additions would serve the same purpose because Ich is not ever present in tank systems.

People often do things because it works for them in whatever way, even if the science behind it doesn't really jive.

Back
Top Bottom