Python or Aqueon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TmeLrd11

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently use an Aqueon vacuum and siphon for my water changes. I've been reading about the Python recently and I was wondering if there is much difference? I have the faucet adapter for the Aqueon but I couldn't get it to fit any of the faucets in my home. Right now I just snake the hose threw the house and outside lol my dogs lay by it and listen to the rushing water

Last I heard was that python got bought out by Aqueon. Well at least thats what both my local fish stores told me. Could be wrong. Either way I have the 25' Aqueon kit and it fits my faucet works great. Fill a 55 gallon tank in 15 mins lol.

Is there a difference? Except for style, color, and price. Nope they both do the same thing, even there build quality is the same. I have both of them and I know that the faucet adapters for both including other brands are interchangeable. You can buy them at Petco, Petsmart, even Wal Mart.

I'd go on amazon and pick one up they're half the price of the stores and a lot of places on amazon have free shipping.

I also have both. IMO the python is made much stouter, but I see no real difference in how they actually function. If you ever have to replace the Aqueon, I'd replace it with a Python. But not until the Aqueon wears out.

Back
Top Bottom