Quarantine period?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I disagree with 10 days. The longer you can qt, the better but the absolute minimum I would suggest is 3-4wks. It can take 2wks or longer for something like ich to show itself while more insidous diseases can take 3wks or more. Its better to be safe than sorry because treating a serious situation in your main tank can be a nightmare as well as costly. Most diseases require that the entire tank be treated, not just a single fish. :)

My opinion was not very good then. :(
Sorry Riane

That sounds good. I am looking forward to getting all thr fish together, I definatly dont want any harm to come to my fish that I already have

Well you said at the min. So no harm. We r all here to learn

Well said, Riane! Its simply not worth the risk to your other fish until you are positive your new fish are healthy. I realize not everyone has the means to qt new fish but if you do, its definitely worth doing. :)

I did not have the option to qt the first time i added new fish and lost over half of my stock. So this time i am doing it right! I want to make sure they r all safe, I was just worried about keeping the new fish in the small tank for to long, I dont want to stress them out to much

I did not have the option to qt the first time i added new fish and lost over half of my stock. So this time i am doing it right! I want to make sure they r all safe, I was just worried about keeping the new fish in the small tank for to long, I dont want to stress them out to much

Keep their water healthy and they will be fine until they move into their new home! :)

Back
Top Bottom